The SoftBank Group has based its business growth on the Internet. Main business segments of the Group include the Mobile Communications segment, the Sprint segment, the Fixed-line Telecommunications segment and the Internet segment.
- Mobile Communications Segment
- The Mobile Communications segment provides, mainly through SoftBank Mobile Corp., mobile communication services, and sale of mobile handsets and accessories.
- Sprint Segment
- The Sprint segment provides, through Sprint, mobile communication services, sale of mobile handsets and accessories accompanying the mobile communication services, and the fixed-line telecommunication services in the U.S.
- Fixed-line Telecommunications Segment
- The Fixed-line Telecommunications segment provides, mainly through SoftBank Telecom Corp., telecommunication services such as data communication and fixed-line telephone service for corporate customers. It also provides, mainly through SoftBank BB Corp., broadband service for individual customers.
- Internet Segment
- The Internet segment provides, mainly through Yahoo Japan Corporation, Internet-based advertising operations.
- Fukuoka SoftBank HAWKS related business and various other businesses
- *The Sprint segment is newly established from the three-month period ended September 30, 2013 by the consolidation of Sprint in July 2013.
For the three-month period ended September 30, 2013, the Company changed the names of the segments. The previous Domestic Mobile Communications is presented as the Mobile Communications. Also, the previous Domestic Fixed-line Telecommunications is presented as the Fixed-line Telecommunications.