SOFTBANK Announces New Management Structures of Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Corp and Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Marketing Corp.Jan. 28, 2005
SOFTBANK CORP. (“the Company”) is pleased to announce that the new management structures of Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Corp. and Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Marketing Corp. have been decided as follows. Both are consolidated subsidiaries of the Company.
I. Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Corp.
1. Share Transfer
The share transfer was completed on January 28, 2005, and Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Corp. has become a consolidated subsidiary of the Company.
|Capital||100 million yen|
|Number of shares outstanding||14,720,000|
|Number of shares owned by the Company||14,432,000 (approximately 98%)|
|Value of business||15 billion yen|
2. New Management Structure of Fukuoka Softbank Hawks
The new management structure of Fukuoka Softbank Hawks is as follows.
|Director & Owner||Masayoshi Son|
|Representative Director, President & Deputy Owner||Kazuhiko Kasai|
|Director, Executive Vice President & General Manager||Sadaharu Oh|
|Executive Managing Director & Representative of Baseball Team||Masashi Tsunoda|
|Executive Managing Director & Manager of the Strategic Planning Division||Takanori Takeuchi|
II. Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Marketing Corp.
1. Concerning Business Transfer
Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Marketing Corp. (“FSBHM”) concluded a business transfer agreement with Hawks Town Co. (“HT”) on January 28, 2005 for the transfer of businesses related to the Dome business from HT.
2. Reason for Business Transfer
As the Company will acquire shares in the Fukuoka Daiei Hawks ("Hawks"), a professional baseball team, it will be able to integrate the management of the baseball team and the operation of baseball performance under the Softbank Group once FSBHM has received the Dome business from HT, which holds rights related to the baseball performance of Hawks.
3. Content of Business Transfer
(1) Content of Business to Be Transferred
Management and administration, etc of sport facilities including a baseball stadium
(Management and administration, etc of businesses associated with the Fukuoka Dome)
(2) Operating Results of Business to Be Transferred
|Term ended February 2004||Term ended February 2005 <Interim results>|
|Sales||17,581 million yen||12,049 million yen|
|Gross profit||12,889 million yen||9,006 million yen|
|Operating profit||2,622 million yen||1,568 million yen|
|Ordinary profit||2,622 million yen||1,568 million yen|
(3) Items and Amounts of Assets and Liabilities to Be Transferred
Not yet determined at this point and will be announced as soon as they are fixed
(4) Value of Business Transfer
15 billion yen
(5) Overview of Hawks Town Co.
|Company name||Hawks Town Co.|
|Main businesses||Management and administration, etc of Hawks Town Mall, The Fukuoka Dome and Sea Hawk Hotel & Resort|
|Established||July 15, 1989|
|Head office||2-2-2, Jigyohama, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka|
|Capital||38,750,624 thousand yen|
|Number of employees||551 (excluding part-time employees)|
|Principal shareholder and shareholding ratio||Colony Fukuoka Limited 100%|
|Relationship with the Company||None|
January 28, 2005
Conclusion and execution of the business transfer agreement
4. New Management Structure of Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Marketing Corp.
The new management structure of Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Marketing Corp. is as follows.
|Director & Chairman||Kazuhiko Kasai|
|Representative Director & President||Yasumasa Matsuoka|
|Executive Managing Director||Takanori Takeuchi|
5. Concerning Lease Agreement of Baseball Stadium
On January 28, 2005, FSBHM has decided to conclude a lease agreement for the Fukuoka Dome with HT along with the business transfer mentioned above.
(1) Content of Leased Assets
|Name||The Fukuoka Dome|
|Location||2-2-2, Jigyohama, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka|
(2) Content of Agreement
|Lease amount||Annually 4,800 million yen|
|Contract term||20 years|
However, the lease amount will be reviewed every five years. In addition, FSBHM holds the right to extend the contract term by ten years after the lapse of the original contract term of 20 years.
January 28, 2005
Conclusion and execution of the lease agreement
Fukuoka Softbank Hawks Marketing Corp.
|Location of head office||2-2-2, Jigyohama, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka|
|Type of business||Management and administration of sport facilities, etc including a baseball stadium and contents delivery of video, sound and data, etc, using various media|
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.