SOFTBANK announces ruling on lawsuit filed by Heisei DendenMar. 30, 2006
SOFTBANK CORP. (“SOFTBANK”) announced that the Tokyo District Court today issued a ruling in support of SOFTBANK and its wholly-owned subsidiary, JAPAN TELECOM CO., LTD. (hereinafter “JAPAN TELECOM”) in a lawsuit filed by HEISEI DENDEN CO., LTD. (Head office: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo; Representative Director: Kenji Sato; hereinafter “the plaintiff”) against SOFTBANK and JAPAN TELECOM on November 29, 2004. Details of the ruling are given below.
1. Court where the lawsuit was filed and court issuing the ruling on the lawsuit, with relevant dates
|Tokyo District Court||2004 Lawsuit No.25297|
|Filing of the lawsuit||November 29, 2004|
|Ruling on lawsuit||March 30, 2006|
2. Plaintiff of the lawsuit
|(1) Name||HEISEI DENDEN CO., LTD.|
|(2) Head office||Hiroo 1-1-39, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo|
|(3) Name of Representative||Representative Director Kenji Sato|
3. Content of the lawsuit
(1) Content of ruling
- 1) The court rejected the claim filed by the plaintiff.
- 2) The court ruled that the plaintiff must pay all lawsuit-related costs.
(2) Reason why the lawsuit was filed and the content of the claim filed by the plaintiff
Please refer to SOFTBANK’s press release issued on December 21, 2004.
4. Future prospects and others
SOFTBANK recognizes that the ruling resulted from the court’s appropriate judgment as the court accepted the legitimacy of the argument made by SOFTBANK and JAPAN TELECOM.
The ruling has no influence on SOFTBANK’s earnings results on both stand-alone and consolidated basis.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.