Completion of Additional Purchases of Sprint Corporation SharesSeptember 19, 2013
As announced in the press release “Additional Purchases of Sprint Corporation Shares” dated August 6, 2013, SoftBank Corp. (the “Company”) has purchased additional shares (“Additional Purchases”) of Sprint Corporation (“New Sprint”), a subsidiary located in the U.S., through a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of the Company, beginning on August 1, 2013. The Company announces that its substantial ownership of the outstanding shares of New Sprint common stock has reached approximately 80%,*1 and the Additional Purchases have been completed.
1. Outline of Additional Purchases
|(1) Investing company||Galaxy Investment Holdings, Inc.
(a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company)
|(2) Number of shares purchased||74,559,641 shares*2
(Share of outstanding shares of New Sprint common stock: 1.90%*1)
|(3) Purchase date||From August 1, 2013 to September 16, 2013 (EDT)|
|(4) Aggregate purchase price||USD 498,508,805.88 (approx. JPY 50 billion)*2*3|
|(5) Number of shares held by the Company after Additional Purchases||3,151,085,164 shares
(Share of outstanding shares of New Sprint common stock: 80.23%*1)
Galaxy Investment Holdings, Inc. (a Delaware corporation) acquired shares in compliance with Rule 10b-18 (Safe Harbor Rule) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the “Act”) from August 1, 2013 to August 29, 2013, and pursuant to a written plan under Rule 10b5-1 of the Act and in compliance with Rule 10b-18 of the Act from September 10, 2013 to September 16, 2013.
- *1Based on the outstanding New Sprint common stock as set forth in New Sprint's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on August 5, 2013 (EDT). This does not include the shares of New Sprint common stock underlying the warrant issued by New Sprint to the Company's U.S. subsidiary Starburst I, Inc. dated July 10, 2013.
- *2The cumulative amount purchased since August 1, 2013, the date on which the additional purchases began.
- *3Exclusive of any fees, commissions or other expenses. Converted at USD 1 = JPY 99.
This material was prepared based on information available and views held at the time it was made. Statements in this material that are not historical facts, including, without limitation, plans, forecasts and strategies are “forward-looking statements”.
Forward-looking statements are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, a decline in general economic conditions, general market conditions, technological developments, changes in customer demand for products and services, increased competition, risks associated with international operations, and other important factors, each of which may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement.
With the passage of time, information in this material (including, without limitation, forward-looking statements) could be superseded or cease to be accurate. SoftBank Corp. (“SoftBank”) disclaims any obligation or responsibility to update, revise or supplement any forward-looking statement or other information in any material or generally to any extent, except as required by law. Use of or reliance on the information in this material is at your own risk. Information contained herein regarding companies other than SoftBank and other companies of the SoftBank Group is quoted from public sources and others. SoftBank has neither verified nor is responsible for the accuracy of such information.
Any statements made herein regarding Sprint Corporation or Sprint Communications, Inc. (together, “Sprint”) are made by SoftBank solely in its capacity as an investor in Sprint. None of such statements are made on behalf of or attributable to Sprint. Any information contained herein regarding Sprint is subject to any and all subsequent disclosures made by Sprint on its own behalf. Neither Sprint nor SoftBank undertakes any obligation to update the information contained herein in connection with any subsequent disclosures made by Sprint, or to reflect any other subsequent circumstances or events. Nothing contained herein may be construed as an obligation on the part of Sprint to provide disclosures or guidance on its own behalf.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.