iPhone Switchover Discount
Upgrade from a SoftBank 3G mobile handset, SoftBank SMARTPHONE, or iPhone to iPhone 5 and get the White Plan (i) basic fee (¥980/month) half price for one year, or a ¥5,000 cash back (gift certificate)
From September 21, 2012 to November 30, 2012
Customers upgrading their SoftBank 3G mobile phone, SoftBank SMARTPHONE, or iPhone to iPhone 5.
Select either "half-price (･980) for the basic fee of White Plan (i)" or "･5,000 cash back (gift certificate)".
- Customers upgrading their SoftBank 3G mobile phone, SoftBank SMARTPHONE, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, or iPhone 4S to iPhone 5.
- To be eligible, you must subscribe to White Plan (i), S! Basic Pack (i), and Flat-rate Data Plan for 4G LTE.
- After subscribing to the service, you must visit the campaign web site and complete an application to receive the benefits.
How to Apply
How to receive the offer
- Emails notifying the special site related to this offer will be sent out in the middle of October 2012. Ineligible customers will not receive the email.
- Those who select the gift certificate will receive the certificate approximately 2 to 3 weeks after submitting the request through the special web site.
- Those who select to have their monthly basic fee waived for one year will have their basic monthly fee waived from the next billing month.
Notes when requesting the benefits
- If a customer is applying to subscribe with SoftBank for the first time, fees will apply from the date of subscription (fixed amounts will be calculated pro rata per day).
- If a customer is already using SoftBank and upgrading handsets or changing contracts, these fees will apply from the current billing month.
- If a customer is already using an iPhone, these fees will apply from the next billing month.
- Corporate contracts are not eligible for this offer.
- Customers subscribed to Priority Discount can only select the ¥5,000 gift certificate.
- The email relating with the special site for this offer will be sent by SoftBank.
- If you do not receive the email due to your signal or contact, please go to the site listed on SoftBank's homepage or on this flyer.
- If you apply for this offer and also the Norikae Switchover Discount, White Plan Student & Family Discount 2012, or other offers where the monthly basic fee is waived, the monthly basic fees will be waived for this offer once the other offer periods end.
- In the following cases, this offer and the monthly basic fee waiver will be canceled/terminated.
- -If the handset is changed to another handset, the USIM is replaced with a USIM not used by iPhone, the rights of the handset are transferred, or White Plan (i), S! Basic Pack (i), or Flat-rate Data Plan for 4G LTE is canceled.
- -If the deadline of this campaign passes.
- -If the gift certificate package is returned due to an invalid address or if the package could not delivered at the specified address for another reason.
- -If SoftBank determines the conditions to be illegitimate.
- Gift certificates can only be shipped within Japan.
- Applicants who do not qualify will not be informed.
- For documents required for the application, provide original documents. Please refer to the SoftBank catalog for information on documentation confirming identification, identification of the parent/legal guardian, and family relationship.
- If the effective period of this offer overlaps with another SoftBank offer in which a basic fee is waived, the monthly basic fee will only be waived for one of the services/subscriptions.
- iPhone does not support Yahoo! Keitai.
- Campaign details and deadlines may change without notice.
- In general, smartphones, due to their software and applications, periodically conduct automatic data transmissions.
Please be aware that while synchronizing the smartphone's data automatically enables the device to be constantly updated to the latest data and increases its functionality, the automatic data transmissions will result in packet data charges. If you do not wish to send data packets, please turn off the cellular data connection on your smartphone by taking the following steps; "Settings" ≫ "General" ≫ "Network" ≫ "Cellular Data" ≫ switch "off". （The settings may differ depending on the version of iOS you are using.） For iPhone 5, you can turn off automatic data transmission by taking the following steps; "Settings" ≫ "General" ≫ "Cellular Data" ≫ switch "Enable LTE" off ≫ "switch Cellular Data" off. Please also note that you will not be able to use any data communication such as internet browsing when the cellular data connection is turned off.
Because automatic data transmission may result in data packet charges of more than several thousand yen per day when you use your smartphone overseas, we recommend that you to use our "Global Roaming Packet Flat Rate" to avoid excessive charges. Please note that setting "Data Roaming" is off as the default.