Appointment of Representative Director (Additional Appointment)March 29, 2013
SoftBank Corp. (the “Company”) announced that its Board of Directors resolved on March 29, 2013 to additionally appoint a representative director as follows.
1. Reason for the additional appointment
The SoftBank Group (the “Group”) has been developing a wide range of businesses in the information industry including mobile communications business, service and content, and the range of business is continuously expanding. In addition, the Company is expecting to complete the acquisition transaction with Sprint Nextel Corporation in the U.S. in mid 2013, which will enable us to establish an operating base as one of the largest mobile Internet companies in the world.
Appointing director Ken Miyauchi, who also serves amongst others as representative director & COO of SoftBank Mobile Corp., as a representative director, executive vice president of the Company, will allow us to enhance the management structure of the Company and the Group, as well as to maintain the flexibility of management.
The title of Masayoshi Son, chairman and CEO remains the same, and he will continuously lead the business of the Company and the Group.
2. Name and title of the new representative director
|New title||Name||Current title|
|Representative director, executive vice president||Ken Miyauchi||Director|
3. Biography of the new representative director
|Date of birth||November 1, 1949|
|Personal profile||Feb. 1977||Joined Japan Management Association|
|Oct. 1984||Joined the Company|
|Feb. 1988||Director, the Company|
|Apr. 1993||Executive director, the Company|
|Sept. 1999||Representative director & president, SOFTBANK COMMERCE CORP. (currently SoftBank BB Corp.)|
|June 2000||Director, the Company (to present)|
|Feb. 2004||Vice president, director & COO, SoftBank BB Corp.|
|July 2004||Director, JAPAN TELECOM Co., LTD. (currently SoftBank Telecom Corp.)|
|Apr. 2006||Executive vice president, director & COO, Vodafone K.K. (currently SoftBank Mobile Corp.)|
|Oct. 2006||Representative director & COO, SoftBank Telecom Corp. (to present)|
|June 2007||Representative director & COO, SoftBank Mobile Corp. (to present)|
|June 2007||Representative director & COO, SoftBank BB Corp. (to present)|
|Aug. 2010||Trustee, WILLCOM, Inc. (to present)|
|Nov. 2010||Representative director & president, WILLCOM Inc. (to present)|
|June 2012||Director, Yahoo Japan Corporation (to present)|
|Jan. 2013||Director, eAccess Ltd. (to present)|
|Significant concurrent position||
|Number of the Company's shares held||1,160,030 shares as of the end of September 2012.|
4. Date of assumption
April 1, 2013 (tentative)
5. List of directors and corporate auditors after the appointment
- Masayoshi Son, chairman & CEO
- Ken Miyauchi, representative director, executive vice president
- Kazuhiko Kasai, director
- Ronald D. Fisher, director
- Yun Ma, director
- Tadashi Yanai, director
- Mark Schwartz, director
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, director
- Mitsuo Sano, full-time corporate auditor
- Soichiro Uno, corporate auditor
- Kouichi Shibayama, corporate auditor
- Hidekazu Kubokawa, corporate auditor
- *1Directors, Messrs. Tadashi Yanai, Mark Schwartz, and Sunil Bharti Mittal are external directors.
- *2Corporate auditors, Messrs. Soichiro Uno, Kouchi Shibayama, and Hidekazu Kubokawa are external corporate auditors.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.