Meet Our Team
Meet Our Team
- #Autonomous Driving
- #Next-Generation Contents
ProfileAfter graduating from the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Tokyo, the individual joined SoftBank Corporation in 2011, where they spent six years conducting research and development in network technology for LTE/LTE-Advanced and IT services for mobile devices at the company's research institute. Later, they worked on a wide range of technical and business development in the areas of technology, including business planning for IoT platforms and evaluation/planning of smart speakers and web protocols for 5G at the Advanced Technology Development Department. In 2017, the individual became involved in joint venture discussions with Toyota Motor Corporation, and in 2018, they served as the Systems Manager for MONET Technologies, Inc., a company that develops data platforms (Pf) and commercial ride-hailing systems. Recently, the individual has been involved in applied research activities in the area of peripheral technology, with a focus on digital twins and autonomous driving, as well as management of MONET's business activities.
- Automation technology for autonomous driving operation
- Ride-hailing technology with MaaS-related elements
- Efficient method for creating high-precision maps and utilizing digital twins
- Mobile network (NW) x video distribution technology.
Major publications / papers
- Lightning talk "The Present and Future of HTTP - From the basics of BBR, HTTP/2, and QUIC to browser-based evaluation tests on 5G trial networks" given at the HTML5 Conference 2018.
- Yasuhiro Nagai, Takao Okamawari, Teruya Fujii, "A Streaming Method for Efficient Bandwidth Utilization Using QoS Control Function of LTE", in Proc. IEEE-VTC Spring 2016
What I value at workIn our daily technology development efforts, we prioritize thinking about the goals we want to achieve. While some new technology projects may seem like they can solve dream-like problems, many of them are built on top of the technology that has been accumulated so far. Therefore, it is important to understand the characteristics of new technologies and use them appropriately. On the other hand, there are many cases where existing technology is sufficient to address the problem.
To achieve our goals and continue to provide services and businesses that are useful to society, we consider what capabilities are needed and how to procure and operate them as part of the activity design for technology development. We believe that this is an important aspect of advancing technology development that truly benefits society.