Messaging from Japan
Prices are not applicable to taxes.
As of Thursday, December 14th, 2017, international S!Mail service has been terminated.
Please use the following as an alternative.
- Use international SMS to send message to phone number belonging to overseas carrier.
- Use E-Mail if you know the recepients E-Mail address.
How to send an international message
Example: Sending an international message to the UK (phone number: 01XXX-XXXXXX)
- When the mobile phone number you want to message begins with "0", do not include the "0".
Sending: ¥100/message [maximum 140 bytes (Approximately 140 half-width characters)]
See here for overseas mobile operators who can send and receive SMS messages.
- International messages are excluded from your price plan ,free data usage and various other discount services in Japan.
- For certain models, when the maximum character count is exceeded for a SMS message, may not be received/sent.
- International messaging service is not available for Simple Style (Prepaid Services).
- Depending on the mobile phone receiving the message, the message may not be received properly or Japanese text, emoji and attachments may not display properly.
- Certain mobile operators cannot receive international messages.