Meet Our Team
Meet Our Team
- #Next-Generation Network
What's a Technical Meister?
Softbank's internal recognition system for top engineers with outstanding knowledge and skills in specialised fields.
The aim is to provide opportunities for further technical study and career development, as well as to foster the development of future generations.
ProfileCompleted Keio University's doctoral program in 2006. Joined SoftBank Corp in 2015 working as a Keio University Research Associate and non-tenured Associate Professor. Completed Keio University's doctoral program in the latter half of 2019 and earned a Ph.D. in Policy and Media.
- Network virtualization, software-defined networking
- Internet infrastructure technology
- Mobile networks
Major publications / papers
- "Virtualization Technology for Wireless Base Station Using GPU", pp.744-748, Journal of IEICE, Vol.105 No.8, 2022
- S. Matsushima, K. Horiba, A. Khan, Y. Kawakami, T. Murakami, K. Patel, M. Kohno, T. Kamata, P. Camarillo, J. Horn, D. Voyer, S. Zadok, I. Meilik, A. Agrawal, K. Perumal, “Segment Routing IPv6 Mobile User Plane Architecture for Distributed Mobility Management”, IETF Internet Draft,
- Syed Raza, Sonal Agarwal, Xufeng Liu, Zhibo Hu, Iftekhar Hussain, Himanshu C. Shah, Daniel Voyer, Satoru Matsushima, Katsuhiro Horiba, Jaganbabu Rajamanickam, Ahmed Abdelsalam, "YANG Data Model for SRv6 Base and Static", IETF Internet Draft,
Research areas and achievements as a student
- Katsuhiro Horiba, Ryo Nakamura, Yuji Sekiya, Jun Murai, "Design and Implementation of Service Chaining using NFV", pp.923-944, IPSJ Digital Practice, Vol.9 No.4, 2018
- Katsuhiro Horiba, Ryuji Wakikawa, Yuji Sekiya, Jun Murai, "Process Base Software Middlebox Architecture in NFV", pp.625-634, Journal of IEICE B Vol.J98-B No.7,2015
- Katsuhiro HORIBA, Keiko OKAWA, Jun MURAI, “Large-Scale Cooperative Dissemination of Governmental Information in Emergency – An Experiment and Future Strategies”, pp.2191-2199, IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Communications, Vol.E95-B No.7, 2012
Passion for workAs a researcher involved in communications, I want to prioritize "to be connected with the world" in my work.
What I value in researchHaving interests in a wide range of topics and making connections across different fields to gain new insights.
-How I spend my days off