Meet Our Team
Meet Our Team
- #Autonomous Driving
- #Next-Generation Network
ProfileManabu Mikami was hired by the Information and Communication Research Institute of Japan Telecom Co., Ltd. (currently SoftBank Corp.) in 2000, where he was involved in the research and development of wireless communication technology and mobile communication systems. Currently, he belongs to the Advanced Technology Promotion Department of SoftBank Research Institute of Advanced Technology. In 2008, he completed the Doctoral Program in Engineering at the Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, and received a Doctor of Engineering degree.
- He is an IEICE Senior member and IEEE member.
- He is a former Editor-in-Vice Chief and Member of the Editorial Committee of IEICE Transactions on Communications for Japanese Edition.
- He is a former Board Member of the Editorial Board of IEICE Communications Society.
- He is a former Member of the IEICE Technical Committee on Radio Communication Systems.
- Wireless transmission for next-generation mobile communication systems
- Wireless access control technology
- 5G Evolution and Beyond (5G-Advanced), etc.
- IEICE Paper of the Award and IEICE Best Paper Award (2020).
- 32nd ARIB Recongnition of Achievement Award – the Award of Minister of Internal Affairs and Communictions (2021).
- IEICE Communication Society Excellent Paper Award (2022).
Major publications / papers
- 1.M. Mikami and H. Yoshino, “Development and Demonstration of 5G Ultra Reliable and Low Latency Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication System for Truck Platooning,” ARIB Bulletin, No.114, pp.18-26, Sept. 2021.
- 2.M. Mikami and H. Yoshino, “Field Trial on 5G Low Latency Radio Communication System Towards Application to Truck Platooning,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol.E102-B, no.8, pp.1447-1457, Aug. 2019.
- 3.E. Okamoto, M. Mikami, and H. Yoshino, "Performance Comparison of Multi-User Shared Multiple Access Scheme in Uplink Channels", IEICE Trans. Commun. vol.E102-B, no.8, pp.1458-1466, Aug. 2019.
- 4.M. Mikami, K. Serizawa, K. Moto, and H. Yoshino,"Field Evaluation of 5G Low Latency and High Reliability Vehicle-to-Vehicle Direct Communication for Application to Truck Platooning," IEICE Transactions on Communications vol.E104-B, no.9, pp.1026-1034, Sept. 2021.
- 5.M. Mikami, K. Moto, K. Serizawa, H. Yoshino, "Field Trial of Dynamic Mode Switching for 5G New Radio Sidelink Communications towards Application to Truck Platooning," IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol.E104-B, no.9, pp.1035-1045, Sept. 2021.
How I spend my days offRecently, I was having trouble switching off from work while working from home more frequently. However, lately, I have been able to refresh myself and maintain my health and fitness by commuting on foot or by bicycle to places nearby my home where I used to rely on cars, trains, or buses. I am enjoying the scenery along the way.