Meet Our Team
Meet Our Team
- #Next-Generation Batteries
ProfileAfter completing a master's degree at a graduate school of engineering in March 1998, I was in charge of developing large-scale Li-ion secondary batteries for automotive use at several battery manufacturers until November 2018. In December 2018, I joined SoftBank Corp. and was responsible for procuring and developing batteries for High Altitude Platform Station (HAPS). Since July 2019, I have also been responsible for researching next-generation batteries and have been promoting joint development with various research institutions such as material manufacturers and battery manufacturers.
- Organic positive electrode active materials and organic positive electrode secondary batteries using them
- Surface treatment of Li metal negative electrode
- Surface treatment of high-voltage positive electrode active materials
- Solid electrolytes (sulfide-based, oxide-based, polymer-based)
- Resin foil collectors
- Battery pack structures for stratospheric use (restraint mechanism, insulation material, cooling mechanism)
- Battery management system for Li metal batteries
Major publications / papers
- Kosuke Sakano, Yasuhiko Igarashi, Hiroaki Imai, Shuntaro Miyakawa, Takaya Saito, Yoshiki Takayanagi, Koji Nishiyama, Yuya Oaki, ACS Appl. Energy Mater.,5, 2, ,2074-2082, 2022
- Shuntaro Miyakawa, Shogo Matsuda, Naoto Tanibata, HayamiTakeda, Masanobu Nakayama , Takaya Saito, Svetlana Fukuchi, Scientific Reports 12,16672 (2022)
HobbiesIn the past, I had hobbies such as baseball, swimming, and golf, but recently I have put them all on hold due to my busy schedule of child-rearing. While spending weekends being thrown around by my kids, I think it would be great to be able to resume my hobbies in a few years.