Messaging from Japan
Prices are not applicable to taxes.
As of Thursday, December 14th, 2017, international S!Mail service has been terminated.
Please use the following as an alternative.
- Use international SMS to send message to phone number belonging to overseas carrier.
- Use E-Mail if you know the recepients E-Mail address.
How to send an international message
Example: Sending an international message to the UK
(phone number: 01XXX-XXXXXX)
- When the mobile phone number you want to message begins with "0", do not include the "0".
|Sending||¥100/message [maximum 160 single-byte alphanumeric characters.]|
- Prices vary depending on the number of characters that are sent [¥100 to ¥1,000 per message (equivalent to 160 to 1,530 single-byte alphanumeric characters)].
- The number of characters that can be sent at one time varies depending on the model or app you are using.
See here for overseas mobile operators who can send and receive SMS messages.
- International messages are excluded from your price plan ,free data usage and various other discount services in Japan.
- For certain models, when the maximum character count is exceeded for a SMS message, may not be received/sent.
- International messaging service is not available for Simple Style (Prepaid Services).
- Depending on the mobile phone receiving the message, the message may not be received properly or Japanese text, emoji and attachments may not display properly.
- Certain mobile operators cannot receive international messages.