Global Roaming Service Areas and Rates
You can check the available areas and applicable charges for America Flat-rate, Global Roaming Data Flat-rate, 5G International Roaming and LTE International Roaming as well.
Voice call charges will be revised July 12, 2023.
Please refer to this for the details after the revision.
List of available services and charges by country and region
- Voice Call Service and Web communication used outside Japan do not apply to your price plan (in Japan), data usage cap, various flat-rate discounts (including flat-rate services such as Unlimited Packet Discount), and discount services (excluding Monthly Discounts).
- The coverage area map may differ from the actual available area.
- Depend on your contract or device, you may be limited services.
- Unlike use in Japan, MMS communication charge will be charged for server mail operation (updating lists, deleting mail and others) overseas.
- Taxes do no apply to charges when making international voice calls, sending international emails, and when using Global Roaming Service. For this reason, taxes are also not calculated for monthly discounts.
- For some models, Message Download default setting of S! Mail (MMS) is "Auto (All)" to receive all messages. (iPhone is set to receive all messages.)When traveling outside Japan, packet communication rates may be very high. Please change the settings to "manual receiving" to receive only the emails you need according to your usage status. (If you are using an iPhone, you can disable MMS.)
- For incoming voice calls from overseas, the number of the caller may not display correctly.
- Collect, toll-free, credit card, or prepaid card calls made outside Japan may incur Calling/International Calling charges.
- When making Voice Call/Video Call to contact an overseas SoftBank from Japan, domestic call/communication charges will apply for the caller.
- When making Voice Call/Video Call between SoftBank users while overseas, the call/communication charge to Japan will be applied to a caller, and for a recipient, charge for incoming call to his/her visited country will be applied*. *When applying America-Hodai, no charge will occured.
- All received calls are subject to call charges, regardless of where call originated*. *When applying America-Hodai, no charge will be occured.
- When using MMS/web/mobile data communication (packet communication) overseas, you may in some cases be charged even though your connection failed due to an error.
- Some services of overseas telecommunications carriers may be available before the official launch of services.
In addition, due to service content or technical factors of overseas telecommunications carriers, customers may be able to use a different generation of service from the telecommunications generation they have subscribed to in Japan.
In such cases, the customer must also pay for the service for the generation used by the customer, and the customer will be charged at the time the customer uses that service.
For S! Mail and Web, the fee is 2 yen/1KB for 3G/GSM , 4 yen/1KB for 5G/4G(LTE) . For details on the Global Roaming Packet Flat Rate services rates and overseas calling rates, please click here.