Using SoftBank mobile phones with other carriers / SIM lock removal
Prices in [ ] do not include consumption tax.
How to use SIM cards purchased from another carrier/company
Please read the following notes if you choose to use a SIM card purchased from another carrier using the SoftBank mobile phone.
The registration method varies depending on the contract and retailer. If you have purchased your device without a SIM card from us, you can only register at a SoftBank shop.
[SoftBank products purchased from SoftBank retailers and customers under contract with SoftBank]
My SoftBank (Online) or SoftBank shops
[Customers who purchased from a second-hand dealer or using a SoftBank product give by an acquaintance,friend,etc.]
Only at SoftBank shops
- For models released after May 2015 (limited to those with an unlockable SIM), the SIM can be unlocked after 101 days past the date of purchase (the sale date recorded in our system).
- If you are qualified for all 3 cases listed below, you are eligible for the SIM lock removal even if you purchased your device within 100 days. (Devices purchased without a contract and second hand devices are not eligible.)
- You have previously removed a SIM lock on your device before December 1, 2017 (Fri)
- It has been more than 101 days since the last SIM lock removal requisition.
- The device of your last SIM lock removal was released after May, 2015
- If product payments/installments are paid off at once or if the product was purchased with a one-time payment, SIM unlocking can be performed before 100 days have passed from the purchase date. However, for products purchased using the campaigns below, SIM lock removal cannot be proceeded until 100 days have passed from the purchase date.
- One-time Payment Discount
- Device Purchase Support
- When using services that control the product’s functions such as the Secure Remote Lock function, these services must be deactivated prior.
- If there are malfunctions to the target products or if they get wet, the SIM lock removal cannot be conducted. Please repair the products before starting the registration.
- Network usage limit products cannot be deactivated.(*Japanese only.）
- After deactivating the SIM lock (includes issuing the deactivation key at My SoftBank), it is not possible to return the products to a SIM locked state, or receive a refund of the deactivation fees.
If you have purchased a device by using your credit card, you are eligible for the SIM unlocking even before 100 days since when you purchased your device. Also, the SIM unlocking service fee will be free when you are conducting the SIM unlocking on a same day of your purchase. (Available at SoftBank Shops and some of the retailers)
- *For customers who purchased from a second-hand dealer or using a SoftBank product given by an acquaintance, friend, etc.,
can only request the SIM unlocking service for up to 2 devices on a single day.
What to prepare
Registration at My SoftBank
- Products equipped with SIM lock deactivation functions(As of May 2019)
Registration at SoftBank shops
- Products equipped with SIM lock deactivation functions.
- Identification Documents
For more details
- Sim Unlocking Fee of ¥3,000
Registration at My SoftBank
- Send a SIM unlocking request on My SoftBank.
- After the request has been submitted, you need to set up your device to be SIM free.
- Another mobile carrier's SIM card (If you only have a SoftBank SIM card, it cannot be canceled with My SoftBank).
- Not available if payments are delinquent
- SIM unlocking fee [free of charge]
- Some models may not support My SoftBank.
- Customers with corporate contracts will be guided from the "Corporate concierge website".View the "Corporate concierge website" (*Japanese only.)
Registration at SoftBank shops
- Please bring the items listed in "What to prepare" to a Softbank shop.
Products equipped with removing the SIM lock functions(As of Sep. 2020)
Models released after May 2015
iPhone SE(2nd Generation), iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE(1st Generation), iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
12.9-inch iPad Pro(4th Generation), 11-inch iPad Pro(2nd Generation), iPad(7th Generation), iPad mini(5th Generation), iPad Air(3rd Generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro(3rd Generation), 11-inch iPad Pro(1st Generation), iPad(5th Generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro(2nd Generation), iPad(5th Generation), 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro(1st Generation), iPad mini 4
Simple Smartphone 5, Google Pixel 4a, Oppo Reno3 5G, LG V60 ThinQ 5G, AQUOS R5G, ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G, LG G8X ThinQ, AQUOS sense3 plus, AQUOS zero2, Google Pixel 4, Google Pixel 4 XL, Xperia 5, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3a XL, AQUOS R3, Xperia 1, arrows U, LG K50, Android One S5, AQUOS R2 compact, HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro, AQUOS zero, Xperia XZ3, Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3 XL, HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro, Xperia XZ2, AQUOS R2, HUAWEI nova lite 2, DIGNO® J, Simple Smartphone 4, AQUOS sense basic, Android One S3, Xperia™ XZ1, AQUOS R compact, Xperia™ XZs, AQUOS R, HTC U11, AQUOS ea, DIGNO® G, Xperia™ XZ, STAR WARS mobile, AQUOS Xx3 mini, 503LV, Simple Smartphone 3, DIGNO® F, Xperia™ X Performance, AQUOS Xx3, AQUOS Xx2 mini, AQUOS Xx2, Nexus 6P, Xperia™ Z5, AQUOS CRYSTAL 2, AQUOS Xx, Xperia™ Z4, Galaxy S6 edge
DIGNO® Keitai3, Kantan Keitai10, AQUOS Keitai3, DIGNO® Keitai2 for Biz, DIGNO® Keitai2, Simply B, AQUOS Keitai2, DIGNO® Keitai for Biz, DIGNO® Keitai, Kantan Keitai9, AQUOS Keitai, Kantan Keitai8, COLOR LIFE 5 WATERPROOF
Lenovo TAB5, Lenovo TAB4, MediaPad M3 Lite s, Lenovo TAB3, MediaPad T2 Pro, Lenovo TAB2
Pocket WiFi 809SH, Pocket WiFi 802ZT, 604HW, Pocket WiFi 601HW, Pocket WiFi 602HW, Pocket WiFi 501HW
Libero3, Simply, Libero2
Models released before April 2015(Only at SoftBank shops)
BLADE Q+, 301F, 201HW, 009Z, 008Z
Notes for using a SIM card purchased from another carrier/company
List of compatible frequencies by model
List of compatible frequencies by model(released after April 2015)(*Japanese only.）
When inserting a SIM card from another mobile phone company, functions equipped onto the products, audio calls, packet calls, and other services provided by SoftBank are not guaranteed [Even if the call methods and frequencies compatible with SoftBank products that have removed the SIM lock match, there may be cases where communication services such as audio calls (includes emergency calls) may not be able to be used]. Also, the use of applications that are already installed onto the product or applications that are downloaded may be limited.
As for usage fees when inserting SIM cards from other mobile phone companies, fees determined by the mobile phone companies that provide the SIM card will be issued. For details, please contact the mobile phone company that provides the SIM card.
The memory data (address list, and other data) within the product
When removing the SIM lock, all or part of the memory data saved within the product may disappear. If any changes or lost data occurs, please be aware that Softbank does not assume any responsibility.
For products whose SIM locks have been removed by SoftBank, we accept any repairs regardless of whether you have a contract with us. In cases where malfunctions to the product are not recognized, we may guide you to the mobile phone company that provided the SIM card.
SoftBank assumes no responsibility for any damages resulting from using the SoftBank mobile phone with a SIM card of another carrier/company unless there is willful misconduct or gross negligence by SoftBank.