1. Purpose of Use of Personal Data
We use customer personal data for the purposes described below.
Please note that “customer” as used herein includes those who are using services, etc., those who are considering services, etc., those who have made a reservation, those who have canceled their contract, and so forth.
“Services, etc.” as used herein includes services, products, campaigns, events, seminars, surveys, and so forth.
1) Purpose of Use
1. Procedures and customer support
We use your personal data for procedures and customer support as described in the following examples:
- Procedures related to applications and responses of the Company and services, etc. that we handle
- Confirming that application conditions have been satisfied
- Registering customer information and setting up accounts
- Various application-related procedures (such as use of services, etc., various changes, and contract cancellation)
- Guidance when consulting about the services, etc. you use
- Responding to your opinions, requests, and inquiries
2. Provision and management of services
We use your personal data to provide and manage services, etc., such as in the following examples:
- Providing and managing services, etc. and accompanying services based on an application
- Performing tasks necessary for providing and managing services, etc. and accompanying services based on an application
- Data management of customer information and ensuring data security
- Managing the status of a transaction based on an application
- Construction and maintenance of the Company and services, etc. that we handle
- Prevention of equipment failures, accidents, and malfunctions of the Company and services, etc. and equipment that we handle, and detection and response when they occur
- Calculation, adjustment and billing of usage fees and fees required in providing and managing services, etc. (including through collection agencies)
- Campaign drawings and prize shipping
- Remittance for reward point redemption and so forth
- Checking subscription status of the Company and services, etc. that we handle
- Checking customer eligibility and applying or issuing benefits of the services, etc.
- Identity confirmation and verification
- Prevention of fraudulent transactions and unauthorized use, and responding and notifying customers in the event of occurrence
3. Service quality improvement and development
We use your personal data to improve the quality of services, develop new services, and conduct surveys and analysis, such as in the following examples:
- Operations, surveys, and analysis to improve the convenience and quality of our services, etc.
- Operations, surveys, and analysis to plan and develop new services, etc. and services, etc. that are suitable for our customers
- Surveys and marketing analysis to find out if customers are satisfied with our services, etc.
- Analyzing customer usage information, creating statistical data, and customizing the content of services used
We use your personal data for distributing and delivering notices about services and recommended content, such as in the following examples:
- Notices about our services, etc. and those from partners and other companies (by email, direct message, phone, Internet, and distributing and displaying ads, etc.; such methods collectively referred to as “email, etc.”)
- Providing information on recommendations for customers (by email, etc.)
- Notices about our services, etc. and those from partners and other companies that we recommend through analyzing information on customer usage (by email, etc.)
- Analyzing information on customer usage and providing information on our recommendations to customers (by email, etc.)
If the purpose of use is to be changed, it will not be changed beyond the scope of what can be reasonably thought to have relevance to the purpose of use before such change. If we use personal information for any purposes other than the above, we will ask for your prior consent.
2) Shared use
We may engage in shared use of personal data in accordance with the details linked below.
4) Outsourcing to overseas partner companies
We may outsource the work of handling personal data to overseas partner companies in accordance with the details linked below.
Outsourcing to overseas partner companies
5) Handling of information processed so that individuals cannot be identified
We may process personal data into data that cannot identify individuals before using it or providing it to a third party. Please see the Privacy Center for details.
6) Handling of communication information
We appropriately handle information concerned with communications confidentiality such as communication history, call history, caller information, etc. in accordance with Article 4 of the Telecommunications Business Act and other related provisions and guidelines.
2. Disclosure, etc. of retained personal data
When an individual has requested notification of the purpose of use of retained personal data or disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, discontinuation of use, erasure, or discontinuation of provision to a third party of retained personal data, we respond to the request at the following Consultation Service. Also, complaints about the handling of personal data can be made to the following Consultation Service.
Personal Data Customer Consultation Service
Accredited personal information protection organizations to which we belong
- 1)We belong to the following accredited personal information protection organization for smartphone and mobile phone products and services.
|Name of organization
Telecommunications Personal Information Protection Promotion Center (Japan Data Communications Association)
(For inquiries on personal information related to our smartphone or mobile phone products or services only)
03-5907-3803 (charges apply)
|Hours of operation
10 am to 12 noon and 1 pm to 3 pm (weekdays excluding public holidays)
- 2)We belong to the following accredited personal information protection organization for installment payment business*.
|Name of organization
Japan Consumer Credit Association Personal Information Protection Promotion Center (Consultation Service for Handling of Personal Information) (For inquiries on personal information related to our smartphone or cellphone products or services only)
03-5645-3360 (charges apply)
|Hours of operation
10 am to 12 noon and 1 pm to 4 pm (weekdays excluding public holidays)
- *Installment payment business means operations related to installment sales contracts or advance payment contracts based on individual installment purchase agreements or individual credit purchase intermediary agreements.
For the handling of personal information prior to March 31, 2022, please see