1) SoftBank, if requested to inform about the purpose of use, disclose, correct, suspend or provide to third parties retained personal data by an individual of such retained personal data, gives a reply in writing (SoftBank replies as agreed with the relevant individual). Complaints about the handling of such retained personal data are also acceptable through the following procedure.
Handling of Personal Information
in Power Generation Business
- *Please note that this document is an unofficial translation and was prepared for reference purpose only. The original release is in Japanese.
1. Purpose of use of personal information
SoftBank Corp. and WILLCOM OKINAWA, Inc. (hereafter collectively called “SoftBank”) uses personal information for the purpose of providing its customers with power generation business in the following cases:
1) Purpose of use of personal information
- The sales promotion of power generation business, guide of events, etc., acceptance of application, engagement and fulfillment of the contract, determining whether or not offer and provide;
- Giving responses to customer inquiries;
- Customer support such as providing procedural guidance and information regarding the use of power generation business;
- Charge calculation and billing related to power generation business, and combined bill service, etc. on SoftBank's other businesses;
- Prevention of accidents or exploitation associated with power generation business;
- Marketing research and analysis;
- Preparation of statistical data for management analysis and the use of the results of such analysis;
- Guidance on products, services and campaigns of SoftBank and other companies;
- The construction of customer's electric facility, ensuring safety of construction, maintenance of security, transportation of equipment, repair of equipment, interaction for the trouble including software update, etc. related to power generation business;
- Environmental research, obtaining rights of installation site, maintenance management, liability insurance for personal and property, etc. related to power generation business;
- Guidance, contract, etc. regarding Transportation service (general term of Connection supply and Transfer supply);
- Other action to provide power generation business and action to provide the services pertaining to the business.
In addition, SoftBank will clarify the purpose of use and obtain prior consent from customers whenever using the relevant personal information for any purpose other than those above mentioned.
2) Personal information used by power generation business
SoftBank acquires and uses personal information for the purpose of above mentioned “1) Purpose of use of Personal Information”.
The personal information of the applicants of the contract of power generation business.
Name, birth date, gender, address, contact, relationship with the provider of the installation site for power generation business, telephone number, email address, contract term, place of installation for power generation business, account information of banking institution, insurance contract information, etc. and other information to conclude the contract of power generation business or necessary information to provide the various services.
The personal information of the equipment installation site provider for power generation business.
Name, birth date, gender, address, contact, relation with the applicant, telephone number, email address, contract term, place of installation for power generation business, information regarding the current equipment, registration information, insurance contract information, etc. and other information to conclude the contract of power generation business or necessary information to provide various services.
2. Sharing of personal data
According to the purpose of use, SoftBank may share personal data within below mentioned scope.
1) Entities jointly using information with SoftBank
2) Purpose of joint use
Same as above mentioned 1. 1) Purpose of use of Personal Information.
3) Jointly used Personal Data
Same as above mentioned 1. 2) Personal information used by Power Generation Business.
4) Chief Privacy Officer of jointly used Personal Data
CISO of SoftBank
3. Provision to third parties
SoftBank may provide third parties with personal data treated by SoftBank with complying with the rules of the Personal Information Protection Law and other prescripts. As mentioned below, SoftBank may provide third parties with personal data treated by SoftBank by means of transporting documents or of sending by electric means or magnetic means, etc.
1) SoftBank may provide relevant government ministries and agencies, self-governing body, association, etc. with the personal data (name, address, telephone number, etc.) required for the process in order to make application of the power generation business performed by third parties.
2) SoftBank may provide power companies, etc. with the personal data (name, address, etc.) required for performing electric power selling business or related business.
3) SoftBank may provide insurance companies with the personal data (name, address, information regarding buildings, etc.) required for concluding or maintaining the liability insurance for personal and property, etc.
4) With the objective of providing a service offered by other companies forming a partnership with SoftBank, SoftBank may provide such company with personal data (name, address, phone number, email address, other information for identifying customers or carrying out operations of partner's services, etc) required for subscribing or providing such services.
4. Disclosure of retained personal data
- The present handling of personal information in power generation business shall be enforced from December 14, 2012.
- Revised on May 30, 2017
- Please click here (Japanese) to see the previous revised rules.