Policy and Structure
Sustainability Basic Policy and Promotion Structure were established as a guideline and serve as the foundation for sustainable growth by earning the trust and support of all our stakeholders, including customers, shareholders, employees, and business partners.
We continue to promote social contributions, by following established guidelines.
Sustainability basic policy
At SoftBank, we will work to resolve various social issues through our corporate and business activities to realize a sustainable society in which all things, information and minds are connected.
- We will provide wonder, peace of mind, and delight through customer-oriented business approach.
- To meet stakeholder expectations, we will continue to challenge ourselves to achieve corporate growth and clearly disclose information.
- Employee satisfaction, pride, uniqueness and diversity will be encouraged and valued.
- Mutual trust and fair trade with our suppliers will be a priority (to prevent corruption and degeneracy, etc.).
- To create a better future for everyone, we will continue to drive an information-based society, support education for the next generation, increase communication for our diverse society, protect the environment and manage resources in a sustainable manner, conserve biodiversity, and provide disaster response and relief.
We established the SDGs Promotion Committee (chaired by Junichi Miyagawa) as an advisory body to the Board of Directors to promote an integrated approach to our growth strategy and sustainability. The committee prepares activity reports four times annually.
Junichi Miyagawa, President & CEO, is ultimately responsible for promoting SDGs, and leads SoftBank Corp. and its subsidiaries (hereinafter the “SoftBank Corp. Group”) in pursuing SDGs and sustainability activities. Fumihiro Aono, Executive Vice President & CHRO, is the executive officer in charge of SDGs promotion, with the SDGs Promotion Office established to promote the SDGs and sustainability activities across the SoftBank Corp. Group.
- *As of April 1, 2021