2. Connecting People and Information
to Create New Excitement- Enhancing Lifestyles with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) -
Provide new experiences and enrich the lifestyles of our customers by
promoting the adoption of smart devices.
Concurrently, create value for both consumers and enterprises by
providing partners with attractive platforms that connect people to information.
Sustainable development goals
SDGs value creation
(1)Realize attractive customer value through
the spread of smart devices
We engage in providing new, unheard-of experiences and inspiration, and in providing a range of services through technological innovation.
- Provide wide-ranging customer value, price plans and services through the spread of smart devices and multiple brands
- Provide new experiences using 5G (VR, sports viewing, etc.)
|Target vision||Helping everyone enjoy the value of the latest devices and communication services|
|1||KPI||Smartphone cumulative subscribers: 30 million (FY2023)|
|2||KPI||Survey for NPS*1 improvement: Monitor results|
|Result||Customer satisfaction survey responses: 5.42million||-|
Net Promoter Score, a metric for assessing customer loyalty
(2)Provide an environment in which everyone
can access information
We contribute to realizing a society where everybody has equal and unimpaired access to the latest information.
- Provide news and information and increase accessibility through Yahoo! JAPAN and provide services through the LINE communication app, etc.
- Hold smartphone classes in stores nationwide
|Target vision||Progress on infrastructure for acquisition and distribution of easily accessible information|
|1||KPI||Yahoo! News DAU*1 45 million|
|2||KPI||Expand the HAPS Alliance to broaden Internet communications across the world: Promoting initiatives|
|Result||Issued a white paper||-|
|3||KPI||Smartphone classes: 430,000 classes||Smartphone classes: 800,000 classesUpdate|
DAU: =Daily active users
(3)Leveraging ICT to create new lifestyles and
enhance the foundations for daily life
We contribute to richer lifestyles by enhancing online shopping and using ICT to improve the convenience of services that are close to customers, including education, healthcare, and finance.
- Contribute to education, healthcare and finance using ICT (Yahoo! JAPAN, PayPay, LINE, LOHACO, HELPO, etc.)
- Evolve retail through new BtoC and CtoC platforms (PayPay Mall, ZOZOTOWN, ASKUL, etc.)
|Target vision||Expanding the number of ICT service users in lifestyle fields|
|1||KPI||PayPay cumulative registered users: 50 million||Cumulative registered PayPay users: 60 millionUpdate|
|2||KPI||E-commerce merchandise transaction value:
|E-commerce domestic merchandise
transaction value: ¥3.8 trillion (FY2024)Update
“Main businesses” include initiatives by SoftBank Corp. and companies in the SoftBank Corp. Group.