“S! FeliCa” Compatible Handsets Top 3 MillionApril 4, 2007
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Masayoshi Son, hereinafter "SBM") announced that its "S! FeliCa" compatible 3G handsets exceeded 3 million as of April 1, 2007. The achievement comes approximately 1 year and 5 months after the service launched in November 2005.
"S! FeliCa" is a "Osaifu-Keitai" (mobile wallet) service that lets customers use their handsets in a variety of ways that are relevant to their daily lives, such as for transportation and commutation ticketing, electronic money shopping, credit card, membership card and point card services."S! FeliCa" started with 1 compatible model and 7 services; currently SBM has expanded this to 12 compatible models with 27 services. In November 2007, SBM launched a promotion site called "Seikatsu Appli Tokushu" (special site for life applications)* for "S! FeliCa". This site provides campaign information and also a shop search function to customers. In addition, starting from December 2006, the "Mobile Suica" service has been supported.
SBM will continue to expand the compatible handset line-up and services, and aim to offer more convenient "Osaifu-Keitai" service.
- * Access to "S! FeliCa" promotion site: "Yahoo! Keitai" > "Menu List" > "S! FeliCa" > "Seikatsu Appli Tokushu" (Japanese only)
Compatible Handsets(as of April 4, 2007)
- "S! FeliCa" compatible handsets(12 models)
703SHf, 804SH, 904T, 904SH, 905SH, 810SH, 811SH, 910SH, 911SH, 812SH, 911T, 813SH
- "Mobile Suica" compatible handsets(9 models)
904SH, 905SH, 810SH, 811SH, 812SH, 910SH, 911SH, 911T, 813SH
- ends -
- *FeliCa is the contactless IC card technology developed by Sony Corporation.
- *FeliCa is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
- *Osaifu-Keitai is a registered trademark of NTT DoCoMo, Inc. in Japan.
- *Mobile Suica is a registered trademark of East Japan Railway Company.
- *Yahoo! and the Y! logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. (U.S.A.)
- *SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademark of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.