3. Creating New Business through
open innovation- Creating New Value through the New Businesses of SoftBank Corp. Group Companies -
Develop cutting-edge technologies and innovative business models in Japan by
leveraging our relationships with global leading innovative companies.
Concurrently, promote the development of a highly-skilled workforce and the establishment of
an organization that supports the expansion and penetration of new businesses.
Sustainable development goals
SDGs value creation
(1)Develop new business models with cutting-edge technologies
We leverage cutting-edge technologies to create new businesses together with our partners, in anticipation of the era to come.
- Realize a secure and comfortable mobility society
- Build a high-altitude communications network in the stratosphere
- Provide opportunities for mobility through the practical utilization of
|Target vision||HAPS service provision|
|1||KPI||Promotion of HAPS toward practical realization (FY2023)||Promote initiatives for HAPS commercialization (FY2027)Update|
|Result||Achieved international standardization of radio propagation prediction methods||-|
|2||KPI||-||Promotion of business for solving social issues using SoftBank's original Electronic reference point*1 / ichimill
Reference points established by SoftBank in the registration system for private electronic reference points
(2)Incubate and spiral-up cutting-edge businesses overseas
We strive to develop cutting-edge businesses in Japan, through partnerships including joint ventures and business alliances with companies engaged in cutting-edge businesses overseas.
- Create global communities by providing innovative community-style workspaces
- Enhance the efficiency of transportation by leveraging AI and data analytics technologies to provide taxi dispatch platforms
- Promote a cashless economy through the spread of barcode and QR code payment settlements
|1||KPI||Promotion of business operations in Japan|
|Result||Value up support: approx. 10 companies||Promote business start-up and development in new business areasUpdate|
|Value up support: 5 companies
New Business / Investment consideration :
(3)Build systems to recruit and develop human resources to
lead growth and create new businesses
We promote the recruitment of personnel with a high level of expertise, and the formation of organizations that will be the key drivers to create new businesses, in anticipation of the era to come.
- Job posting system that aims to shift human resources to new businesses and growth businesses
- Allocate personnel to new businesses through improvements in operational efficiency
- Human resources recruitment and development systems*1 necessary to create and promote new businesses
|1||KPI||SoftBank InnoVenture commercialization promotion|
|Result||Considered commercialization of themes in line with the Beyond Carrier strategy:
4 projects (171 applications)
SoftBank Academia, SoftBank InnoVenture, SoftBank University
“Main businesses” include initiatives by SoftBank Corp. and companies in the SoftBank Corp. Group.