‘S! FeliCa’ Compatible Handsets Top 5 MillionSeptember 25, 2007
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Masayoshi Son, hereinafter ‘SBM’) announced that its ’S! FeliCa’ compatible 3G handsets exceeded 5 million as of September 25, 2007. The achievement comes approximately 1 year and 10 months after the service launched in November 2005.
S! FeliCa is a ’Osaifu-Keitai’ (mobile wallet) service that lets customers use their handsets in a variety of ways that are relevant to their daily lives, such as for transportation and commutation ticketing, electronic money shopping, credit card, membership card and point card services. There are currently 21 S! FeliCa compatible models, since December 2006 the ’Mobile Suica’ service, and from this month on the ‘nanaco’ service have been provided expanding the supported services to 33.
In order to make the Osaifu-Keitai even more accessible and convenient the latest handset models have been preinstalled with 5 ‘S! Appli’ services (only available in Japanese: ‘Edy’, ‘QUICPay™, ‘JAL nihonkoku’, ‘ANA zennikku’, ‘tokutoku pocket’) enabling use of the Osaifu-Keitai right after purchasing a new model. In November 2007, SBM launched a promotion site called ‘Seikatsu Appli Tokushu’ (special site for life applications) for S! FeliCa. This site provides campaign information and also a shop search function to customers.
SBM will continue to expand the compatible handset lineup and services, and aim to offer more convenient Osaifu-Keitai services.
S! FeliCa compatible handsets, 21 models (as of September 25, 2007)
FULLFACE 913SH, 912T, 912SH, 911T, 911SH, 910SH, 905SH, 904SH, 904T, fanfun. 815T, 815SH, 814T, 814SH, 813SH, GENT 812SH s, HAWKS Keitai 812SH, 812SH, 811SH, 810SH, 804SH, 703SHf
Access to ’S! FeliCa’ promotion site:
’Yahoo! Keitai’ > ’Menu List’ > ’S! FeliCa’ > ’Seikatsu Appli Tokushu’ (Japanese only)
- ends -
- *FeliCa is the contactless IC card technology developed by Sony Corporation.
- *FeliCa is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
- *Osaifu-Keitai is a registered trademark of NTT DoCoMo, Inc. in Japan.
- *Edy is the prepaid e-money brand operated by bitWallet, Inc.
- *Mobile Suica is a registered trademark of East Japan Railway Company.
- *Yahoo! and the Y! logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. (U.S.A.)
- *S! Appli and Seikatsu Appli are trademarks of SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
- *SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- *Any other company, product or service name in this press release is a registered trademark or trademark of the relevant companies.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.