Enhancement of Search Result Display Function for ‘Yahoo! Keitai’
October 22, 2007
-Display the search result which you need most to make it more convenient!-
Yahoo Japan Corporation
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Masayoshi Son, hereinafter ‘SBM’) and Yahoo Japan Corporation (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Masahiro Inoue, hereinafter ‘Yahoo Japan’) announced today the drastic enhancement of ‘Yahoo! Search’ the search service of ‘Yahoo! Keitai’ which is SBM’s mobile portal.
In addition to major design changes in the display of search results, this function enhancement allows customers to find what they need most in the search results by predicting their needs and showing these results at the top of the page. This is enabled through ‘oneSearch’, the new concept behind Yahoo! Search’s mobile version which uses Direct Display*. Hereby richer search results can be obtained faster and easier.
Starting from today, Direct Display is available for image information, which is in high demand by customers, area information such as ‘map’, ‘weather’, ‘typhoon’, etc., traffic information such as train route map and entertainment information such as fortune-telling, recipe, etc. SBM and Yahoo Japan will strive to optimize search results further by enlarging the scope of Direct Display.
Furthermore, search results for Yahoo! Keitai’s popular content such as ‘Yahoo! Answers’, ‘Keitai site (official and general)’, ‘PC site’, ‘Official content’ such as e-comic and Chaku-uta® will be displayed by category. This display by category aims to allow customers to find the necessary information at a glance.
In addition to the new design of the search results display, a jump function by category was also introduced. By using this jump function, customers can reach the necessary information quickly without having to scroll down all the screens.
Through the above function enhancements, the search service of Yahoo! Keitai, Yahoo! Search has become more convenient. SBM and Yahoo Japan will work on further function enhancement by incorporating customers’ requests and opinions in order to make the Mobile Internet world more comfortable.
- * Direct Display is a system which directly displays the search results onto the screen based on a specific algorism for mobile search. For example, when ‘Roppongi Midtown’ is entered a map of Tokyo Midtown in Roppongi will be shown on top of the screen, and if ‘Recipe sweet-and-sour pork’ is entered an image of sweet-and-sour pork and how to cook it will be shown.
- SOFTBANK 3G handsets
- (excluding V801SA, V801SH, 702MO, 702sMO, 702NK, 702NK II, 802SE, X01HT, X02HT, X01NK, and X01T)
- ends -
- *Yahoo! and the Y! logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. (U.S.A.), and Yahoo Japan Corporation retains rights for these.
- *Chaku-uta® is a registered trademark of Sony Music Entertainment(Japan)Inc.
- *SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- *The service names and results of search queries included in this press release have been translated for the readers’ convenience and might differ from the actual names and search results.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.