SoftBank Provides Free Public Wireless LAN to
iPhone 3G Subscribers
TOKYO, October 30, 2008 --- SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. today announced that from November 4, 2008 it will offer the wireless LAN service ‘BB Mobile Point’ to iPhone 3G subscribers free of charge. This service will enable the use of a Wi-Fi internet at approximately 3,500 venues across Japan including McDonalds, JR stations, airports and cafes.
The service does not require a subscription, customers can simply log on after setting up an account within the BB Mobile Point areas. From December 1, an automatic connection to BB Mobile Point without entry of the ID account and password will be enabled after the second connection to the service.
Through the Wi-Fi connection iPhone 3G subscribers will be able to surf the internet and download data free of charge across the country, without concern for additional data charges.
- ends -
- * © 2008 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh and iPhone are trademarks of Apple.
- * The trademark ‘iPhone’ is used with a license from Aiphone K.K.
- * iPhone 3G may be configured to work only with the wireless services of a single wireless operator.
- * Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
- * SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- * The names of the companies, products and services used in this press release are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.