Press Releases 2008
One Seg Tuner Developed for iPhone 3G
TOKYO, October 30, 2008 --- SOFTBANK BB Corp. and SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. today announced the launch of its ‘TV&Battery’ device, a recharger and One Seg mobile TV tuner which will be available for iPhone 3G. The new development will bring One Seg broadcasting*1 to iPhone 3G in mid-December and will be available from SoftBank retailers throughout Japan.
The TV&Battery accessory has a built-in One Seg tuner that connects to the iPhone 3G via Wi-Fi. Once connected, customers can select and view programming*1 with a free application available from the Apple App Store. The TV&Battery unit can be recharged by connecting to an AC power supply or USB port of a Mac or PC using the USB-miniB USB cable*2 that comes with the pack.
2.Main specifications (planned)
|Size (W x H x D)||Approx. 50 × 85 × 16mm|
|Battery life for continuous viewing of One Seg||Approx. 3 hrs.*3|
|Recharging time (AC adapter / USB port)||Approx. 2 hrs. / approx. 4 hrs.|
- *1 To view One Seg broadcasting on your iPhone 3G, it is necessary to download a free application for viewing One Seg from App Store and install it on your iPhone 3G.
- *2 Do not connect the USB-miniB USB cable to a USB port other than that on Apple’s ultracompact USB power adapter or a USB port on a PC.
- *3 When viewing One Seg using Wi-Fi. This is an estimated figure from fully charged to level 1 (i.e., approx. 10% remaining) calculated on the assumption that a fully charged new battery pack is connected to the iPhone 3G with the brightness set to “2” and using the optional earphone-microphone. This figure may not be achieved depending on conditions of use.
Viewing One Seg broadcasting image
Recharging iPhone 3G image
- ends -
- * © 2008 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh and iPhone are trademarks of Apple.
- * The trademark ‘iPhone’ is used with a license from Aiphone K.K.
- * iPhone 3G may be configured to work only with the wireless services of a single wireless operator.
- * Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
- * TV&Battery is a trademark of SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
- * SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- * The names of the companies, products and services used in this press release are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.