‘S! Information Channel’ Subscribers Top 1 Million
TOKYO, December 9, 2008 --- SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. announced that ‘S! Information Channel’ subscriptions exceeded 1 million as of December 7, 2008. A content distribution service, S! Information Channel automatically distributes useful and timely lifestyle information to SoftBank 3G handsets at a set time.
S! Information Channel subscribers enjoy, at no additional monthly charge*, information services such as ‘Yahoo! Headline News’(provided by Yahoo Japan Corporation) delivering the latest human interest, economics, sports news, etc. to a subscriber’s 3G handset nightly, and ‘3G Weather Indicator’(provided by Weathernews Inc.) delivering updated weather forecasts that appear on a subscriber’s 3G handset in standby. Subscriptions have already hit the 1 million user mark, approximately 11 months after the service launched on January 28, 2008.
- * S! Information Channel requires a subscription to ‘S! Basic Pack’ (monthly charge of 315 yen, including tax), separate communication charges apply.
- ends -
- * S! Basic Pack is a trademark of SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
- * Yahoo! is a registered trademark or a trademark of Yahoo! Inc. (U.S.A.).
- * SOFTBANK, SOFTBANK’s equivalent in Japanese and the SOFTBANK logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.