SoftBank Unveils New Mobile Handset Lineup for Spring 2009
TOKYO, January 29, 2009 --- SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. (hereafter ‘SBM’) announced the launch of 9 new models for the spring 2009 sales season.
The wide lineup of spring models of SBM offers more enjoyable One Seg, camera and games. The new-generation AQUOS Mobile handset embedded with the world’s first*1 Double-One Seg, The EXILIM Phone, a slide type handset with an 8.1 megapixel camera enabling the world’s fastest*2 activation in 0.99 second, and VIERA keitai® (mobile phone) mounting ‘two-way key™’ changing its key display / arrangement corresponding to the direction to which the screen is turned open. In addition, SBM also offers the new models for fun-to-use in the lineup such as handsets supporting a new service ‘Real 3D Game,’ ‘MOBILE WIDGET’ compatible handsets and ‘Hello Kitty’ model.
SBM continues to strive in the challenge to change ‘entertainment on mobile phones’ with passion to ‘Make mobile phones more fun!’ by pouring efforts into content for mobile as well.
For more information on the new lineup, please see the attached appendix.
Models and main features
|New-generation AQUOS Mobile handset embedded with the world’s first*1 Double-One Seg. Classy design adopting a new Cycloid Style mounting a CCD 8.0 megapixel camera, three speakers supporting virtual 5.1ch and more functions.||Early Feb.|
(by Casio Hitachi Mobile Communications)
|The EXILIM Phone with an 8.1 megapixel camera enabling the world’s fastest*2 activation in 0.99 second. Equipped with rich functions enabling customers to enjoy photos shot by themselves such as ‘Snap Viewer’ rendering image at high speed and ‘Blog Upload Function’ supporting to upload images to blog with a simple operation.||Mid-Feb.|
(by Panasonic Mobile Communications)
|VIERA keitai® (mobile phone) with ‘two-way key™’ changing the key display / arrangement corresponding to the direction to which the screen is turned open to support various functions on landscape screen. Also offers high-resolution One Seg with technology in Panasonic’s VIERA® LCD TVs.||Jan. 30|
|Arc Slide™ handset, a stylishly-designed new and slim style. Supports ‘MOBILE WIDGET’ showing variety of real-time online information.||Mid-Feb.|
(by Panasonic Mobile Communications)
|A stylish One Seg compatible handset with convenient 12 one-touch functions. Rich in basic functions and equipped with a 3.0-inch full wide QVGA LCD, an approximately 2.0 megapixel auto focus camera and supporting global roaming.||Late Feb.|
|A compact One Seg compatible handset with a 3.0-inch wide QVGA LCD and a 3.2 megapixel camera. Also mounted with ‘Smartlink Dictionary,’ MOBILE WIDGET and other rich functions.||Mid-Feb.|
|The third model of ‘Hello Kitty,’ popular from children to adults, especially among women. The wallpaper is also coordinated with ‘Hello Kitty.’||Late Mar.|
(by Samsung Electronics)
|A simple and stylish handset of sophisticated design. Supports basic functions such as ‘3G HighSpeed’ and ‘PC Site Browser’ as well as five-language display in Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese and Portuguese.||Early Mar.|
|830SH for Biz
|Exclusive for corporate customers supporting optional service for corporate customers. Supports various security options including one allowing an administrator to collectively control camera function, communication function and others.||Mid-Feb.|
- *1 As of December 22, 2008 (according to ROA).
- *2 As of January 9, 2009, among handsets with 8.0 and over megapixel camera (according to ROA).
- ends -
- * As of January 29, 2009, voice roaming is available on GSM networks in 187 countries and regions, with data roaming in 129 of them. In addition, 3G (W-CDMA) voice and data roaming is available on networks in 60 countries and regions abroad, video call roaming available in 46 of them.
- * AQUOS Mobile, Cycloid, Cycloid Style and Smartlink are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sharp Corporation.
- * The EXILIM Phone is a registered trademark of CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD.
- * Snap Viewer is a trademark of Casio Hitachi Mobile Communications Co., Ltd.
- * VIERA, VIERA keitai and two-way key are registered trademarks or trademarks of Panasonic Corporation.
- * Arc Slide is a trademark of NEC Corporation.
- * MOBILE WIDGET, 3G HighSpeed and PC Site Browser are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
- * SOFTBANK, SOFTBANK’s equivalent in Japanese and the SOFTBANK logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- * The names of the companies, products and services used in this press release are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.