‘New Super Bonus’ and ‘Super Bonus’ Subscribers
Exceed 15 Million
TOKYO, February 23, 2009 --- SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. (hereafter ‘SBM’) announced that the number of cumulative subscribers to ‘New Super Bonus’ and ‘Super Bonus’ exceeded 15 million as of February 22, 2009. SBM has been providing the service since September 2006 and currently approximately 75%*1 of the total subscribers are on New Super Bonus or Super Bonus.
New Super Bonus is a service to make SoftBank handsets more affordable by providing a discount*2 of maximum 48,000 yen*3 by ‘Monthly Discounts’ from the monthly billed total amount of basic charge, voice call charge, communication charge and others. This service has been well accepted by many customers and contributing to SBM’s achievement of net addition No.1*4 for 21 consecutive months.
SBM will continue to provide a rich lineup of SoftBank handsets with affordable price plans and to strive to further improve its services.
- *1 Subscription ratio to the total subscribers of SBM as of the end of January 2009.
- *2 The number of discount applicable months will correspond to the number of installment payments chosen by the customer (12 or 24). In the case of lump-sum payment, the discount will be applicable 24 times.
- *3 For a new subscription, 2,000 yen x 24 months (as of February 23, 2009). If the total Monthly Discounts applicable amount is less than the Monthly Discounts price (upper limit), the discount price will be limited to the total Monthly Discounts applicable amount. The Monthly Discounts price varies by handset.
- *4 According to Telecommunications Carriers Association (TCA) from May 2007 to January 2009 (as of February 23, 2009).
- ends -
- * Super Bonus is a registered trademark of SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
- * SOFTBANK, SOFTBANK’s equivalent in Japanese and the SOFTBANK logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.