Charge Adjustments and Mobile Phone Rental to Support
March 13, 2011
Tohoku Pacific Earthquake and Northern Nagano Earthquake
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
We wish to extend our heartfelt condolences to all those affected by the Tohoku Pacific Earthquake and the Northern Nagano Earthquake. Our thoughts go out to those suffering in its aftermath.
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. will implement following initiatives for the sufferers and the evacuees of the Tohoku Pacific Earthquake and the Northern Nagano Earthquake.
1. Summary of Initiatives
1) Extension of due date for payment
Due date for payment for February and March will be extended by 1 month from the date specified on the bill for those customers in disaster affected area and pay bills at the counter.
2) Partial exemption for mobile phone replacement due to damage or loss
Cost for mobile phone replacement will be partially exempt for those customers whose mobile phone became unusable due to complete damage, water leak or loss caused by this time disaster. It is available at SOFTBANK shops*1 in the designated areas by the Disaster Relief Act for Tohoku region, Nagano prefecture, and Niigata prefecture.
3) Mobile Phone Rental
Upon request of public agencies such as disaster headquarters of municipalities and organizations such as NPOs which provide reconstruction assistance, mobile phone rental service will be provided free of charge. More than 10,000 models with One Seg or water-proof function will be available.
2. Applicable customers*2
Customers whose contract address or billing address is in the designated areas by the Disaster Relief Act for Tohoku region, Nagano prefecture, and Niigata prefecture.
Please contact SoftBank Customer Center
|SoftBank Customer Center|
|from SoftBank handsets||Dial 157|
|from fixed-line phones||Dial 0800-919-0157(toll-free)|
- *1As some of SOFTBANK shops are also affected by the earthquake, this will be available from those restored.
- *2Customers in the designated areas in Ibaraki prefecture by the Disaster Relief Act on March 14, 2011 are added this time.
- *SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademark of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.