Press Releases 2020
Statement Concerning Arrest of Former Employee
January 25, 2020
Today, a former SoftBank Corp. (TOKYO: 9434) employee was arrested by the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department on suspicion of violating Japan's Unfair Competition Prevention Act.
SoftBank Corp. deeply apologizes for causing great concern and inconvenience to its customers and shareholders, and to all others with relations to SoftBank Corp.
SoftBank Corp. is currently aware of the following.
- The former employee took task documentation away from the work premises without consent.
- The task documentation taken away from the work premises was low in confidentiality. There was no highly confidential information (including customer information, private communication information and information on SoftBank Corp.'s business partners) whatsoever in the task documentation taken off the premises.
- The former employee had no authority to access highly confidential information.
Furthermore, after verifying internally, SoftBank Corp. found no traces of unauthorized access from external parties to its systems and networks, and no unauthorized programs were detected.
SoftBank Corp. has been fully cooperating with requests from the investigating authorities and will continue to do so.
Should there be any pertinent facts to be disclosed in the future, SoftBank Corp. will announce them in a timely manner.
- SoftBank, the SoftBank name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SoftBank Group Corp. in Japan and other countries.
- Other company, product and service names in this press release are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.