Press Releases 2022
SoftBank Corp. (“SoftBank”) today announced that on October 26, 2022, it launched sales of the “1NCE IoT Flat Rate,” a low-bandwidth IoT connectivity service from global IoT provider 1NCE GmbH (“1NCE”) , for enterprise customers in Japan*1.
1NCE, which specializes in providing IoT connectivity for sensors and actuators*2 used in many different industries, currently offers its services in more than 140 countries and regions. Against the backdrop of IoT market growth, 1NCE has rapidly expanded by meeting customer needs for low-bandwidth IoT connectivity at highly affordable prices. The company has built a global customer base of more than 10,000 companies, mainly in Europe and the United States. After an investment from the SoftBank Group, SoftBank Corp. took an equity stake in 1NCE in April 2022 and signed an agreement to market 1NCE's services exclusively in 19 Asia-Pacific markets, including Japan*3.
SoftBank is launching sales of the 1NCE IoT Flat Rate in the Japan market at the remarkably low price of 2,200 JPY (including tax, up to 500MB) per IoT connection. After a one-time advance payment is made, connections are available for up to 10 years. At no additional cost, 1NCE IoT Flat Rate customers can also roam on 1NCE's global network of more than 140 countries and regions.
Since the 1NCE IoT Flat Rate specializes in low-bandwidth services, it is optimal for narrow bandwidth communication applications with infrequent communications and low-cost requirements. Some suitable use cases include building and factory equipment management, asset tracking in logistics, smart metering, and smart appliance connectivity. Furthermore, since it is possible to sign up starting with just one connection, the service is also suitable for verifying pre-commercial applications, including research and development and field trials.
By offering the 1NCE IoT Flat Rate, SoftBank will contribute to its customers' IoT utilization and Digital Transformations (DX). SoftBank is also preparing to roll out the 1NCE IoT Flat Rate service to other countries and regions in Asia besides Japan.
- For a one-time payment of 2,200 JPY (including tax) per connection, connectivity with a data volume of 500MB is available for up to 10 years (payment required in advance)
- SIM cards can be purchased online, starting from one card
- In addition to Japan, with a roaming service, 1NCE IoT Flat Rate connections can be used in more than 140 countries and regions at no additional charge
- Features include SIM cards, Connectivity Management Platform (CMP), API that enables customers to integrate their systems with connection data, an OpenVPN to establish secure data channels, among others
- Optional charged features include eSIM and IPSec-VPN (highly secure networks that connect company locations and LANs)
|Data communication speeds||Up to 1Mbps|
|SIM card type||2FF, 3FF, 4FF|
|Price||2,200 JPY including tax (2,000 JPY not including tax)
|SIM card validity||Up to 10 years
Service details (in Japanese): https://www.softbank.jp/biz/services/module/1nce/
Enterprise customer inquiries:
- *1Service contracts are made between customers and 1NCE K.K.
- *2Actuator: a device that physically moves a system or machine by converting energy
- *3For more information, please see press release from 1NCE dated June 8, 2022: “1NCE signs exclusive deal with SoftBank Corp. to drive IoT expansion in Asia-Pacific”
1NCE is the only provider of connectivity and software for IoT at a global flat rate — offering fast, secure, and reliable cellular connectivity and software services in more than 140 countries worldwide. The 1NCE IoT Flat Rate is designed to last over the entire lifetime of an IoT device, making IoT applications affordable and scalable for smart utilities, asset tracking, vehicle telematics and other uses. The company — founded in 2017 by CEO Alexander P. Sator together with Deutsche Telekom AG — is headquartered in Cologne, Germany and has 200 staff in Amsterdam, Cologne, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Miami, Montevideo, Paris, Riga, Rome, Tokyo and Warsaw. Learn more online at https://www.1nce.com/
- SoftBank, the SoftBank name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SoftBank Group Corp. in Japan and other countries.
- Other company, product and service names in this press release are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.