Press Releases 2023
SoftBank Corp. (TOKYO: 9434, “SoftBank”) announced that for the first time it was selected as a component of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (“DJSI World”) in line with a modification made to inclusion criteria for 2022. DJSI World is part of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (“DJSI”), one of the leading global indices for Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) investing.
The DJSI are leading indices of ESG investments jointly developed by S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC in the United States and RobecoSAM AG in Switzerland. Offered since 1999, the DJSI selects leading sustainable companies for inclusion by comprehensively analyzing the economic, environmental and social performances of listed companies around the world.
The DJSI surveys the top 3,500 listed companies in the world by market capitalization, and the top 10% from each industry are chosen for inclusion in DJSI World annually. SoftBank achieved the highest score among the selected companies selected from Japan. SoftBank was also the only Japan-based company selected for the “Telecommunication Services” industry group.
Based on the concept of “a world where all things, information and minds are connected,” SoftBank has identified six material issues (or key challenges) to be addressed. By promoting its businesses in the information and technology domain, SoftBank aims to solve problems people and society are facing, and thereby enhance its corporate value.
- For more information on SoftBank's Sustainability
- For more information on SoftBank's Material Issues
- For more information on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
- The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices name and the Member Logo are trademarks or service marks of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC.
- SoftBank, the SoftBank name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SoftBank Group Corp. in Japan and other countries.
- Other company, product and service names in this press release are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.