SoftBank views global environmental problems as key management issues. For both our officers and employees to actively work to reduce environmental impacts, we have enacted an Environmental Action Policy based on approval by a higher-level meeting committee structure including the management team. Business activities subject to the Environmental Action Policy include all facilities and equipment, business expansion via M&As, joint ventures, etc. and entry into new businesses.
Environmental action guidelines
SoftBank Corp. is actively engaged in maintaining and conserving the global environment through our businesses to contribute to the continuous development of a sustainable society.Specifically, SoftBank will:
- Comply with environmental laws, ordinances and other regulations and requirements.
- In order to resolve issues such as climate change and resource depletion through an environmental management system, we have set environmental targets for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, energy conservation, resource conservation, waste reduction, and water usage reduction, etc. and strive to make continuous improvements.
- Promote environmental-friendly green procurement in our purchase of office equipment and supplies.
- SoftBank strives to provide telecommunications services, etc. which help reduce the environmental load and contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions across society as a whole.
- We take into account the business impact on ecosystems and promote initiatives to conserve biodiversity.
- We strive to provide environmental education to employees while also announcing the details of these guidelines and our environmental information both internally and externally to reduce the environmental load together with stakeholders including group companies, business partners, and suppliers.