New Mobile Handset Lineup for Summer 2007
May 22, 2007
-Series of "style" focused handsets to appear-
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Masayoshi Son, hereinafter "SBM") announced the launch of 12 new 3G models for the summer 2007 sales season, beginning in early June.
The summer handset lineup revolves around the keyword "style". The lineup includes world’s first* "full-face, full-slide" type "One Seg" digital TV compatible handset in which all buttons such as the dial, start and quit buttons are embedded on the backside case of the display. Another example of the drastic pursuit of style is the ultimate complete coordination model which allows one to enjoy the worlds’ first* 240 million different variations of handset body color, coordination panels, illuminations and screen designs.
While focusing on style, the lineup will also offer handsets abundant in innovation, fine quality and individuality. It includes Japan’s first** a luxurious clamshell model using titanium and the "Windows® Keitai", the first smart phone in Japan*** with Windows Mobile® 6 as operating system (OS).
In addition, models in collaboration with internationally popular characters such as "HELLO KITTY" and "SNOOPY" will also appear.
Please refer to the appendix for the details of the new handsets.
- * As of May 22, 2007 among the top 5 mobile handset manufactures in the world and mobile handsets sold in Japan (according to ROA Group).
- ** As of May 22, 2007 among mobile handsets using titanium in the upper body, available on the Japanese telecommunication network (according to TOSHIBA CORPORATION).
- *** As of May 22, 2007 among mobile handsets sold in Japan, with Windows Mobile® Standard Edition and Professional Edition (according to SBM).
- ends -
- *As of May 22, 2007 voice roaming is available on GSM networks in 173 countries and regions, internet access roaming in 100 of them. In addition, 3G (W-CDMA) voice roaming is available on networks in 42 countries and regions, internet access roaming in 41 countries and regions and video call roaming available in 27 of them.
- *Windows is an abbreviation for the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- *Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Mobile are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- *SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.