New Mobile Handset Lineup for Winter 2007October 22, 2007
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Masayoshi Son, hereinafter ‘SBM’) announced the launch of 10 new 3G models for the winter 2007 sales season, beginning in mid November.
The winter handset lineup revolves around a ‘PREMIUM’ theme; it offers handsets with premium designs and functionalities. The lineup includes the worlds’ thinnest* One Seg compatible handset, of approximately 12.9 mm, with an exceptional design and texture using high quality stainless-steel; an ‘AQUOS Mobile’ equipped with a 3.2-inch full wide VGA LCD, the largest** in Japan; and a 5-megapixel camera handset equipped with digital camera-like functionalities such as xenon flash, 3x optical zoom, face recognition auto focus etc. Various special models such as the ‘CHAR AZNABLE’S CUSTOM Mobile’ featuring the popular ‘Mobile Suit Gundam’ character ‘CHAR AZNABLE’ in its’ design are offered.
Also, the usability and color variations of two of SBM’s popular models have been expanded to further improve the lineup.
Please refer to the appendix for the summary of the new handsets’ features.
- * As of October 22, 2007 among One Seg compatible handsets (according to ROA Group).
- ** As of October 22, 2007 among mobile handsets sold in Japan (according to ROA Group).
- ends -
- *As of October 22, 2007 voice roaming is available on GSM networks in 179 countries and regions, internet access roaming in 105 of them. In addition, 3G (W-CDMA) voice roaming is available on networks in 43 countries and regions, internet access roaming in 42 countries and regions and video call roaming available in 35 of them.
- *SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.