SoftBank Launches 3G Prepaid Service
January 24, 2008
-Service to launch from February 4, in conjunction with introduction of ‘Unlimited Mail’-
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp. (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Masayoshi Son; hereinafter ‘SBM’) announced that it will introduce 3G Prepaid Service from February 4, 2008.
SoftBank Prepaid service is a service which has been offered to 2G with the characteristics of 1) convenient for short period users or users mainly for receiving calls since it does not require a basic monthly charge, and 2) the service is safe for kids and elderly people because it prevents overuse. In addition to the said characteristics, SBM will offer ‘Unlimited Mail’(application required) for 3G Prepaid Service customers, which enables customers to enjoy as much mails as they want for maximum 30 days with 300 yen (incl. tax). Moreover, as a unique service for 3G, SBM will offer Video Call on 3G Prepaid Service which enables customers to talk while seeing each other's face.
Along with the 3G Prepaid Service launch, SBM will sell a light and compact model of ‘SoftBank 705Px’ (manufactured by Panasonic Mobile Communications Co., Ltd) as 3G Prepaid Service capable handset together with prepaid USIM card at SoftBank shops, SoftBank Online shop, major convenience stores, etc. Prepaid card (3,000 yen or 5,000 yen) will be available for both 2G and 3G Prepaid Service, and the methods available for top-up will remain the same.
Please refer to the attached appendix for details of 3G Prepaid Service.
- ends -
- * Bluetooth® functions are not guaranteed to wirelessly communicate with all Bluetooth® devices.
- * Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG,Inc.
- * microSD is trademark of SD Card Association.
- * S! Mail,and Sha-mail are registered trademarks of SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp.
- * Yahoo! and the Y! logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. (U.S.A.).
- * SOFTBANK, the SOFTBANK name and logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SOFTBANK CORP. in Japan and other countries.
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.