SoftBank, if requested to inform about the purpose of use, disclose, correct, suspend or provide to third parties retained personal data by an individual of such retained personal data, gives a reply in the following service. Complaints about the handling of such retained personal data are also acceptable through the following service.
Handling of Personal Information in Internet Search Service Business for SoftBank Websites
1. Purpose of use of personal information
SoftBank Corp. (hereafter called “SoftBank”) uses personal information in Internet search service business for the following purposes.
1) Purpose of use of personal information
- Answer to users' inquiries;
- Charge calculation;
- Provision of information appropriate for users' likes and tastes;
- Operations necessary to develop new services;
- Delivery of email newsletters;
- Prize drawing for campaigns and forwarding of prizes;
- Money transfer for point-bases rewards;
- Marketing research and analysis; and
- Information about products, services and campaigns of SoftBank and other companies.
Clarify the purpose of use and obtain prior consent by users whenever using the relevant personal information for purposes other than those above.
2) Provision to third parties
- SoftBank may, if reserves a table at a restaurant listed in the restaurant search service website for SoftBank phones on behalf of a customer, provide such restaurant with the relevant customer's personal data (name and phone number of the customer wishing reservation).
2. Disclosure of retained personal data
- The present handling of personal information in internet search service Business for SoftBank websites shall be enforced from November 15, 2008.
- Revised on April 1, 2022
- Please click here (in Japanese) to see the previous revised rules.